U11 - Under 11 Program Information
U11 hockey continues with the formation of tiered teams that play city wide. The players will still vary from beginners that are learning basic hockey skills to those that have more experience.
- Tiered teams of 14 to 16 players are formed after an evaluation process that occurs over 3 or more skates during the month of September.
- Players wanting to try out for the U11 Tier 1 teams will register to tryout earlier with North Seera.
- The purpose of tiering is to have similarly skilled players on each team that are also playing against similarly skilled players from other clubs throughout the Hockey Edmonton program.
- Games will be held throughout the city.
- Locations of practices vary, but will mainly be on rinks throughout the South East of Edmonton.
- Games and practices will be held on both weekday evenings and weekends.
- Games will be played with Referees and scores are kept.
- There are regular goalies that have evaluated as goalies on most teams – number of goalies for the particular year permitting.
- Development of skating and hockey skills considers the skill level of the team.
- 18 or more games and 18 or more practices (some will be half ice) from September to March. Most ice times will be on Saturday and Sunday but there will be weekday afternoon and evening ice times as well.
- A child can register in U11 even if they have not participated in Discovery, Jr Timbits, Sr Timbits, or U9 hockey.
- Each player will be required to make an initial seed money depost at the beginning of the year to the team of approximately $150 (amount determined by each team individually at the start of the year).
- To try out for a Club or U11 SEERA HADP program, players must first register with North SEERA to insure your spot in the North Seera tryouts should your child not make the HADP team.
- If a player makes a Club or SEERA HADP team, fees paid to North SEERA will be reimbursed or transferred to the association.
- Parents must complete the Respect in Sport Parent Certification course at a cost of $12.60, valid for 4 years, before registering. Choose SEERA NORTH for the Association.
- Submit an undated volunteer commitment cheque of $250. Check if one is already on file from last year. All players need to provide a volunteer cheque, but most have one on file.
- Drop off vouchers at 9627 75 St before registering. Once added to the player's account, you'll receive an email to register online. Include the player's name on the envelope or back of the voucher.
- Purchasing a Community League Membership is no longer mandatory, but North SEERA encourages members to support their local community league by purchasing a membership each year.
- New members must provide the Registrar with copies of the following documents (preferably via email):
- Birth Certificate
- Alberta Health Care Card
- Supporting Documents for proof of address (most recent utility bill - gas/electric/water).
- Learn More About our Registration