North Seera and Seera Hockey are collaborating to organize a U11 Hockey Alberta Development Program (HADP). This program will serve as the highest level for U11 hockey, followed by tiers 1-5. Its main objective is to offer age-appropriate skill development for players and act as a pathway to elite hockey programs. By aligning with the AA Hockey Model and Tiered Alberta One system, it establishes a proper development pyramid and feeder system into U13AA.
Included for this season the U11 HADP Teams will have:
- 24 GAMES – that are 75-minutes in length (18 Games are given for Tiers 2-5) (Tier 1 will get 24 – 60-minute games) *TBC
- 24 PRACTICES – Tiers 1-5 are given 18 practices *TBC
- 12 Development Ice Sessions – Power skating, Stickhandling, etc. (In addition to the 24 practices)
- 6 Off-ice sessions RVX, ATHX as examples
- Tournament – up to $1500
If you are with North Seera and intend to tryout for the Seera U11 HADP Hockey Team, please register with both the Seera and North Seera hockey programs.
- To try out for the U11 HADP program, players must first register with North SEERA.
- If a player makes a U11 HADP Team, fees paid to North SEERA will be reimbursed or transferred to the association.
If you have registration questions, please contact our office by email at email@example.com
Playing and competing at the highest levels demands a great deal of commitment from both the individual player and their parent(s). Full commitment from the player and families is expected. The fees for the HADP will not be prorated if you are away on holidays, if your player cannot attend a session, etc.
At the U11 HADP level, players can expect to be on the ice up to 4-5 times per week with their team including practices, games, additional on ice or off-ice training such as power skating, skills camps, workouts etc.
Players will typically compete in a minimum of 30-40 games throughout the season, including the regular EMHA schedule, Minor Hockey Week, Exhibition Games and Tournaments.